Cheeseburger Spring Rolls
One of our most popular and delicious snacks are perfect for a party with mates or a really, really sad night home all alone. Inspired by the delicious version at Ms. Gs in Potts Point.
Ingredients (makes 20 Spring rolls)
700g beef mince, cooked
14 slices of burger cheese, cut into three strips
200g pickles, diced
1/2 small brown onion, diced
200g burger sauce
1 packet of spring roll paper
1 egg, beaten
1. Take your spring roll packet out of the freezer to thaw
2. Season, then cook your beef (bbq or frypan), constantly mixing and chopping as you go
3. Place cooked beef (and all the delicious juices) into a large mixing bowl
4. Add the onion, pickle and 100g of burger sauce to the bowl, mix well and chill
5. Take one spring roll paper and wrap the rest in a damp cloth to stop them drying out.
6. Place the paper in a diamond shape and put one slice of the cheese horizontally at the lower end of the diamond (halfway between the midpoint and the bottom)
7. Place one heaped tablespoon of your beef mixture on top of the cheese, then place another piece of cheese on top of the beef to create a little stack
8. Take the bottom corner of the paper and roll it up and over the stack, tucking it tight against the other side
9. With some downward pressure, roll the stack forward until just past the midpoint
10. Fold in the edges and then roll the remainder up to the top corner, trying to manipulate it into a cylinder shape as you go
11. Seal the top corner with a brush of egg wash, set aside and repeat
12. Cook until the spring roll paper is crispy and the cheese is ready to ooze!
13. Serve immediately with remaining burger sauce for dipping
- Good beef from your local butcher will need only salt and pepper. Chuck/brisket blend should give you the perfect fat and flavour ratio
- We make our own pickles (and it’s easy, you can too) but any Bread & Butter pickle is fine
- Grab any supermarket burger sauce or make your own. Ours is a mixture of American Mustard, Tomato Sauce, Aioli, and Secrets
- For best results fry in oil at 170-180 degrees. Alternatively cook in an oven at 180 for 12-15
minutes, checking and turning halfway
- If you want to be very 2020, you could cook them in your air fryer too, just don’t forget to tell all your friends about it!
- Will keep for a day or so in the fridge, but can be made ahead and frozen before cooking
- If you can master rolling these things, we have a guaranteed job for you at JB & Sons!